3301 Lyon St. | map |
Opened: 1915. The complex (but not the current theatre interior) dates from the PPIE in 1915. Built as a tempory structure, it has been completely rebuilt. The 2005 photo by Darryl Bush for the Chronicle appears with Bill Van Niekerken's 2018 SF Gate article "Palace of Fine Arts: What Happened to the rest of the landmark?"
Architect: Bernard Maybeck
Website: palaceoffinearts.org| PoFA history
A 2009 view by QT Leong appearing on his site Terra Galleria. The photo is included in a Theatres and Opera Houses set.
| back to top | San Francisco Theatres: by address and neighborhood | alphabetical list | list by architect | pre-1906 theatre list | home |